This programme is designed for people managing safety in the transport industry, to make them aware of the responsibilities associated with the job and the necessary protective and preventative measures that are used to control and manage safety in a transport operation.
Outcomes – Managing Safety Essentials in Transport
• Understand the roles and responsibilities when managing health and safety
• Understand the basics of the Irish legal system and relevant legislation
• Know the employers and employees duties and the hierarchy of control
• Know the different stakeholders and their role in managing safety
• Understand the concept of hazard and risk using quantitive risk assessment
• Be familiar with the common risks associated with the transport industry
• Understand accidents and incidents, accident causation, prevention, investigation and root cause
• Be familiar with GDPR and data protection as it applies to managing in the transport industry
• Understand the basics of life cycle analysis, environmental management and pollution control
• Know the PDCA Cycle, management tools, KPI’s and how to implement a good safety culture
There is no restriction on entry to this programme, but it is assumed that the candidate is experienced in the transport industry and is capable of working at supervisor level.
The Programme is delivered over 2 days including Assessment, with an anticipated start time at 09:30 and a conclusion at 16:30.
Price / Person €350 – Includes Lantra Certification
This programme will be by way of an Instructor led presentation via Zoom.
The Assessment is a Theory Test which is by way of a short answer paper consisting of 20 questions with a time frame of 20 minutes allocated for completion.
This programme is approved by Lantra and an Lantra Certificate for Managing Safety Essentials in Transport will be awarded to all participants on the programme who successfully complete the theoretical
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.